Inova Children’s Hospital Toy Drive
Even for our bravest young patients, staying at a hospital and being away from home can be scary. But being surrounded by toys and stuffed animals can make all the difference in helping to comfort all the kids who stay with us at Inova Children’s Hospital.
It’s Christmas in July!
We are looking for donations of toys or financial support that can replenish our supplies to help our young patients. Can you give back by donating an item or two for our Christmas in July toy drive?
Toy Drive Wish List:
- Gifts for Teens
- Play food and Kitchen toys
- Latex-Free Character Band-Aids
- Art Supplies
- Board/Card games
- Role Playing Games
- Lego sets
- Action Figures
Christmas in July Toy Policy
Due to issues regarding patient confidentiality, infection control, and security please note the following donation guidelines:
- All items need to be new and clean.
- We cannot accept violent toys or violent video games (i.e. guns, weapons, military, etc.).
- We cannot accept religious items (i.e. bibles, crosses, etc.).
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing, or friction producing toys.
- Toys should not have parts that can pinch fingers and toes and catch hair.
- Any glue or paint in craft kits must be non-toxic.
- No toys should be made with glass or brittle plastic.
- Please inquire before making any food donations.
- Please refrain from sending signs, artwork, etc.
- Please refrain from sending cards, notes and letters.
- Please do not wrap gifts. Safety regulations require even labeled gifts to be checked for gift appropriateness.
Are You Ready to Give?
Please contact Taylor Tomczyk to schedule a donation: email@example.com or 703-776-7149.
Can’t get to the store? Help support Inova Children’s Hospital with an online donation.
Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide! Your donation will help comfort children during some hard times and make their hospital stay better.