Inova established its Emergency Preparedness Fund in response to COVID-19 as part of preparations to care for the community we are privileged to serve during this pandemic. Since January, Inova has invested $32 million in necessary supplies and protective equipment to keep our community and team members safe. But with reductions in elective procedures, Inova’s revenue is down 40%, while our operational expenses continue to increase rapidly.
Inova is looking to the community to partner with us at this critical moment for the region. Your investment in Inova, Northern Virginia’s largest non-profit health system, will save the lives of many people and safeguard the health of Inova team members on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis.
Donations to Inova’s Emergency Preparedness Fund will support extraordinary expenses related to:
- Rising costs for personal protective equipment.
- Increased staffing and cross-training for frontline team members.
- Purchase of additional ventilators and specialized equipment.
- Childcare needs for our dedicated team members.
- Emergency time-off pay for time missed due to illness.