COVID-19: How Can I Help?
Times like this reinforce that your dedication to Inova allows us to provide world-class care every day no matter what the situation — we are most grateful. Here are some ideas for ways you can support Inova at this time.
Check the Inova website regularly for up-to-date community information related to COVID-19. Visit www.inova.org.
Support Inova’s Emergency Preparedness Fund
Inova’s Emergency Preparedness Fund helps ensure that we have a ready source of flexible funding to meet the community’s escalating healthcare needs during a crisis, both now and in the future. Today, the fund is helping to cover additional staffing, specialized equipment for the unique needs of COVID-19 patients, increased services for telehealth and homebound patients, and other resources to address the rapidly-changing situation. Please consider supporting the evolving needs of our community with a donation to Inova’s Emergency Preparedness Fund at www.inova.gives/EPF.
Inova is prepared to manage this pandemic, but we welcome the community’s help to ensure that our healthcare teams have an ample supply of personal protective equipment and other materials when shortages arise. Bulk donations of 100 or more items are welcome; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a courier pick-up.
Currently, we are accepting donations of the following:
- Masks (unused) We are not accepting homemade masks of any kind.
- Hand sanitizer
- Face shields
- Paper disposable gowns
- Bleach/bleach wipes
Inova is grateful for donated food to feed our busy care teams. Please review the guidelines below and contact us at email@example.com to schedule your delivery appointment.
- Only restaurants and catering companies may donate food.
- Items must be individually packaged and labeled – i.e., only “grab and go” meals.
- We cannot accept “shareable” items such as whole pizzas, open trays of food nor large containers.
- We cannot accept homemade food.
- Do not drop off food at hospitals without an appointment.
Due to the current COVID-19 emergency, Inova is seeking licensed physicians, advanced practice providers (APP) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) who can assist in caring for hospitalized patients. All positions are compensated. Specific roles include direct patient care at the five Inova hospitals as well as remote pager-call coverage to review charts/place orders. To learn more, fill out this form.
Share this Information – Socially Engage
We encourage people to stay home and socially distance, but you can seek out new ways to stay connected with your loved ones and community during this time. Please help spread the work by sharing the “How Can I Help?” links from this page with your networks and social media channels.
Maintain Good Respiratory Hygiene!
Infection prevention for any illness begins with improved personal hygiene practices including:
- Wash your hands frequently (20 seconds with soap and water)
- Disinfect household and food preparation surfaces
- Minimize touching your face
- Avoid close proximity with anyone who is ill and exhibiting symptoms
- Acknowledge people verbally instead of shaking hands or hugging
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
Blood supplies in the region are running low – it is still safe to give blood. Follow this link to learn more and to schedule an appointment with Inova Blood Donor Services: www.inovablood.org.